As you grow older, the lenses of your eyes would gradually lose its clarity and become cloudy—a medical condition known as a cataract. When ignored, not only that this condition would diminish your vision quality, but your quality of life as well. With that said, it is recommended to treat it as soon as possible. Now, one of the best places to go for this treatment is the Center for Cataract Surgery at Milan Eye Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Having some of the best ophthalmologists in the US today, centers for cataract surgery will ensure you will receive the best care for such a condition. Here are steps to take to be well-prepared for your surgery and ensure fast recovery:
1. Allocate at least three days for your surgery and recovery before resuming to your regular work.
2. Make arrangements for your ride that will take you to and from the center on the day of your surgery. You might also want to arrange for driving assistance for the day you will be returning to the center for a follow-up exam.
3. Refrain from consuming alcohol at least 24 hours prior to your operation.
4. Depending on the advice of your surgeon, eat only a light breakfast or skip it entirely.
5. Shower before your surgery, as this is required to maintain the cleanliness of the surgical room.
6. Wear comfortable and clean clothes, and refrain from wearing eye makeup.
7. Take all regular medications on the day of your surgery unless advised by your surgeon otherwise. Click here Milan Eye Center
1. After your surgery at the Center for Cataract Surgery at Milan Eye Center, have yourself checked by the nurses assigned to you. Aside from your surgeon, these people will also decide whether or not you are ready for discharge.
2. Make sure you have obtained the discharge instructions from your surgeon and received a prescription for eye drops before going home.
3. You may take a shower after your surgery, but make sure you do not get water or soap in the operated eye for at least 7 days.
4. Take a plain pain reliever or acetaminophen to alleviate headaches or feelings of discomfort that you might feel after the surgery.
5. Wear a protective shield on your operated eye for at least seven days to protect it from accidental scratches or bumps, especially when you are sleeping.
6. Your eyes may be sensitive to light for weeks after surgery, so wear sunglasses.
7. Refrain from sleeping on the operated side for at least 14 days.
8. Avoid submerging your head in water for a minimum of three weeks.
9. Refrain from participating in strenuous activities for at least a month or until your surgeon allows you to do so.
10. Do not hesitate to contact your surgeon if you are experiencing problems or complications in your operated eye.
By being prepared for your surgery and observing after-care measures, you will be able to recover faster with fewer complications. Usually, you should be able to resume your normal activities within a day or two. So, before you go to the Center for Cataract Surgery at Milan Eye Center, make sure you understand all the things that you need to do for your operation.